1. When do we collect your personal data?
2. What personal data do we collect through this web site?
- When you create an account in our on-line shop
- When you contact us to take part in any competitions
- When you contact us in store, on-line or over the phone we may hold details of who you are and the query
- When you have a boot fitting in store we will hold details of who you are and details concerning the boot fitting and purchase to enable us to fulfil any aftersales requirements
- When you engage with us on social media
Information that allows us to process and fulfil your order. When you make an order, we need to know your name, e-mail address and delivery / billing address and your phone number.
We also ask for your date of birth to enable us to comply with the law on selling age related products. Our products include some dvd's with age restrictions and on our watersport on-line shop we sell sailing knives.
Your account information will also hold details of your orders past and current and their status. This is so that we know whether they are being processed, have been delivered or where a refund has been given.
3. How do we use your personal data?
4. Do we ever share your personal data?
- We use your personal data to enable us to process your orders from the on-line shop to enable us to fulfil our part of the sales contract.
- We use your data to provide you with information you have requested in response to a query you may have that you have either emailed, phoned or asked in person at the store.
- To facilitate a successful payment through the on-line shop
We never share or sell any of your personal data with any other parties for marketing purposes. We only share your information with any other parties when required to enable a successful delivery to you.
Sharing delivery information:
Courier delivery companies or the post office will see your contact name and address and sometimes a courier firm will require your telephone number to help with a successful delivery. In the case where your order is to be sent outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) we will entrust the delivery services in that country with your delivery details.
This information is only to be used to enable a successful delivery by the third party service providers.
5. Changing your data or preferences
You can log into your account with the on-line shop at any time and access and alter your personal details.
When you create an account with the on-line shop you are asked if you would like to subscribe to our on-line newsletter. This is your choice and you can change this at any time by re-logging into your account and altering this.
If you have any trouble accessing your account you can ask us to change this information for you, or to help you get logged in again. Please contact us - click here
if you need assistance with this.
6. Security and retention of your data
Non financial data storage:
Your account details that you entered when you created an account in the on-line shop are stored on a Secure Server protected by a Firewall.
This is only accessible to our staff who login using a secure password, or yourselves when you log into your account on-line. Passwords allowing customers to access their accounts are created by the customer. These are encrypted and only changeable by the customer and are linked to the email address entered in the account details.
Retention of your personal data:
7. Financial personal data security
We do not store any of your financial details.
Your credit card details are processed using the secure Sage Pay payment system:
Any cardholder information sent to the banks and any authorisation message coming back is secure and encrypted and cannot be tampered with.
This means that even our own staff do not have access to your full payment details (only the last 4 digits of your card you used). This is because all financial information you enter on-line is sent through Sage Pay, in a secure communication from Sage Pay direct to your bank using high level encryption techniques. We never see the full information and it is never stored by our website.
Read more about this, see Sage pay secure payment processing page
8. Your rights
You have a number of rights relating to your personal information and what happens to it. You are entitled to:
9. Need to contact us?
- Have your data processed in a fair, lawful and transparent way
- Access personal data we hold about you (accessible at any time through your on-line account)
- Require us to delete personal data concerning you in certain situations where there is no longer a good reason for us to hold it
The Alpine Room,
71 - 73 Main Road
Please see our contact page - click here
for full details.